First Time DUI in Polk County
Were you arrested for your DUI?
If you were recently arrested for your first
DUI offense, we urge you to contact Colón & McNelis, PA as soon
as possible. Being arrested for DUI can be a frightening experience, especially
if this is your first-run in with the wrong side of the law. Do you think
your DUI case is hopeless? It is not! As
former prosecutors who have over 40 years of combined courtroom experience, we know how to
defend DUI charges!
What sets our firm apart from the rest?
- Collectively, we have handled over 10,000 cases
- We have three offices in Central Florida
- Our attorneys have over 500 jury trials to our credit
- We offer free case evaluations
Driving Under the Influence in Florida
In Florida, driving under the influence (DUI) is covered under Section
316.193, F.S. Under this Section, it is unlawful for anyone to drive with
a blood alcohol level (BAL) of .08% or above.
The penalties for a first DUI offense are as follows:
- Up to $1,000 in fines
- Up to 1 year driver's license revocation
- With BAL of .15% or higher or minor in vehicle, up to $2,000 in fines
- Mandatory 50 hours community service, or fine of $10 for each hour of community
- DUI school
- Probation – not to exceed 1 year
- Up to 6 months in jail
- With BAL of .15% or higher or minor in vehicle, up to 9 months in jail
- Vehicle impoundment
Contact a Polk County DUI Defense Attorney
If you were recently arrested for your first DUI, we want you to remember
that there are effective ways to challenge DUI cases and that no matter
what you are arrested for, you have a right to a defense. As former prosecutors
that have handled thousands of cases over our careers, we know the ins
and outs of the legal system and how to challenge DUI evidence and cross-examine
witnesses at trial. We are on your side and we will fight hard to avoid
the maximum penalties under the law.
Call our office today to schedule a
free consultation with one of our Polk County DUI defense lawyers!