DUI Attorneys in Polk County, Florida
Call Us Today At (863) 734-8341
In Florida, the penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) are steep.
Whether this is your first arrest or a subsequent DUI, you need to seek
assistance from an accomplished criminal defense attorney in Polk County.
Our team understands that you may be worried about the future, and we
want to do what we can to preserve your freedom. With our firm on your side,
you benefit from having 36 years of combined trial experience to back you up in court. Our team has collectively tried more than 500
cases, so you can rest assured that we have extensive experience in the
Why you should choose us:
36 years of combined practice and more than
10,000 cases handled.
know how our court system works and are
committed to the highest ethical standards.
We return all calls and e-mails
We are dedicated to
protecting your rights.
We speak Spanish!
We keep you informed.
DUI cases we handle:
Protect Your License & Your Reputation
When you are arrested for DUI, you may be at risk of losing your license.
Oftentimes, this issue is dealt with at the Florida Department of Highway
Safety and Motor Vehicles offices instead of in a criminal court. We can
help you to protect your license by arguing for you at the license hearing.
Other penalties you may face include:
- Up to a year in jail -- even for a first offense -- or mandatory jail on
a second offense
- Up to 50 hours of court-ordered community service
- Possible DUI school attendance and follow-up treatment
- Possible mandatory Alcoholics Anonymous attendance
- Possible reporting for probation for up to a year
- Vehicle impoundment for at least 10 days
- Possible ignition interlock device installation
- A DUI listed on your criminal record
- Up to a year in jail for refusing breath test
- Deportation if you are not a United States citizen
Our firm will take the most effective approach to argue for your innocence
or negotiate a satisfactory plea bargain with the prosecution to help
reduce your penalties. If you want more information about DUI defense,
call Colón & McNelis, PA today! We can sit down with you and discuss your case in detail.